The vibration analysis service provided by the DMC identifies the cause of an abnormal vibration behavior in a machine.
The intervention of vibration analysis can take place in different circumstances:
- Trend Monitoring
- Checking the condition
- fault diagnosis and problems
GET A CUSTOM BUDGET
Table 1- Comparison of Condition Control methods of the Troubleshooting and Problem
|Trend Monitoring||Checking the condition||fault diagnosis and problems|
|Height measures||Readings taken at regular intervals with the machine in service||Readings once with the machine in service||When the problem occurs, or after the occurrence of the fault|
|Qualitative measures||Qualified operators who are near the machine may make a subjective trend||Typical activity when a technician checks a service machine||When a machine for inspection of components may indicate the cause of the problem|
|Quantitative measures||Registration and interpretation of the results of regular measurements gives a warning period compared to machine problems||The numerical values allow comparison with standards or other similar machines knowing the condition of the equipment||Inspection results can be analyzed in considerable detail by providing information on the possible causes of the problem|
- Based on the measured values, prepares a tendency for determining when the degradation of a machine exceeds a critical state.
- The principles involved are illustrated in the following figure, showing the means by which the monitoring of the trend may give a warning time before the decay reaches a level at which the machine has to be put out of service.
- The warning time before failure occurs, It is one of the main advantages of using trend-following rather than alarms or security systems to stop the machine automatically.
- Vibration analysis, to make a diagnosis, It takes place when it identifies abnormal behavior.