A DMC, with its shaft alignment service, it makes available to maintenance managers the ability to align the shafts of their machines with precision technology to align the shafts.
- With guaranteed results
- Without having to carry out a complicated, expensive and time consuming training of staff;
- Without investment in precision alignment equipment;
The shaft misalignment is a mechanical defect which is defined as:
- The lack of spatial coincidence of the geometric rotation shafts of two drive shafts coupled.
- The concept of misalignment is also definable for other types of transmission (pulleys, cardan, etc.) as the lack of complanariedade of geometric shafts.
- Finally, the same concept is applicable to characterize the relative position of a shaft relative to its supporting elements (bearings or bearings).
According to studies published in the Journal TAPPI in December 1990, the inclusion of a compliance program precision shafts within the maintenance plan may involve:
- An increase in bearing life up 8 times
- Absolute reduction in maintenance costs of up to 7%
- An increase in the availability of up to machines 12%
- A reduction in downtime due to misalignment of up to 50%
- Savings of 5% energy consumption